How to change decoder from mutability to FA?

I need some help. I used the receiver project to setup a feeder to adsb-exchange. Great work by the way, I wouldn’t have been able to set this up without the project!

During the install I choose mutability as decoder. I read that the FlightAware decoder is more up to date, and would like to switch to that. How do I do that?

@joe Can you give me a hint how to do this? Thx!

Hello.

I’m sort of a newbie, but, my understanding is that you really have to start over.

Download the " * Dump1090 (FlightAware): hxxps://github.com/flightaware/dump1090" image, burn the image to an SD card, and run the entire setup from start to finish making sure to select the FlightAware instead of the mutability.

Good luck.

Thx! Before destroying and rebuilding my setup completely, do you know if I can still multifeed to fa, adsb-x and opensky when using dump1090-fa? And is the fa decoder indeed better then mutability?

I honestly do not know the answer to that question.

I loaded my system with mutability first. I’m not sure if I did everything correctly the first time, but, I’m pretty sure if stopped feeding some of my choices once it rebooted.

I used a completely different SD card. The only drawback (if it is one) of doing this is now I have different feeder ID’s for each time I have tried this on Flight Aware, and on Plane Finder it recommended requesting a new one. FR24 was the only one that used the same sharing key.

With SD cards so inexpensive that’s the route I would take. At worst, you can go back to what you have now.

Good luck.

2 Likes